- Matt Shoemaker Giving Angels Some Hope After Devastating Garrett Richards Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 3 Players Who Will Not Be Back in 2015
- Royals’ Bold Arrival on MLB Contender Scene Is Big Wrench in 2014 Races
- Pablo Sandoval Catching Fire at Just the Right Time for Giants’ Playoff Push
- David Ross Injury: Updates on Red Sox Catcher’s Foot and Return
- Loser of Athletics-Angels Division Race Will Face Postseason Death Sentence
- Stock Up, Stock Down for the Los Angeles Dodgers’ Top 10 Prospects for Week 17
- David Ortiz Crushes 3-Run Homer vs. Rays, Flips Bat Like an Absolute Boss
- Cameron Maybin Suspended 25 Games for Amphetamine Use
- Toronto Blue Jays Still in Playoff Race as Season Resumes Post-All-Star Break
Denver Broncos: How Will the Team Replace Elvis Dumervil?
- Updated: April 14, 2013
Perhaps it’s best for all involved that Elvis Dumervil is now a member of the Baltimore Ravens.
With Dumervil out, the Broncos are losing one of the game’s top pass-rushers. Dumervil registered 63.5 sacks in his Broncos career (ranking fourth in franchise history), including 11 last season.
So how do the Broncos plan to replace this production? It may be unrealistic to expect to duplicate that many sacks immediately.
The Broncos have some young defensive ends on the roster who will have their opportunity to step up, but the draft and free agency offer alternate options.
Here, we will take a look at the players who could have a chance to fill Dumervil’s shoes starting in 2013.