- Toronto Blue Jays Still in Playoff Race as Season Resumes Post-All-Star Break
- Dee Gordon Is Top-of-the-Order Catalyst Dodgers Needed to Excel
- MLB Trade Rumors: Latest Buzz Surrounding Bartolo Colon, Dayan Viciedo and More
- San Francisco Giants: 5 Takeaways from Hunter Pence’s 1st-Half Performance
- Oakland Athletics Trade Deadline Shopping List: Ben Zobrist
- Yankees’ Domination over Blue Jays Is Big Key in Budding AL East Race
- Dylan Cease: Prospect Profile for Chicago Cubs’ 6th-Round Pick
- Rock-Bottom Rays Look Destined for ‘Seller’ Status in 2014
- Jose Abreu Picking Up Where He Left Off After Injury
- Chicago Cubs Auctioning off Chair Masahiro Tanaka Sat in
Denver Broncos: How Will the Team Replace Elvis Dumervil?
- Updated: April 14, 2013
Perhaps it’s best for all involved that Elvis Dumervil is now a member of the Baltimore Ravens.
With Dumervil out, the Broncos are losing one of the game’s top pass-rushers. Dumervil registered 63.5 sacks in his Broncos career (ranking fourth in franchise history), including 11 last season.
So how do the Broncos plan to replace this production? It may be unrealistic to expect to duplicate that many sacks immediately.
The Broncos have some young defensive ends on the roster who will have their opportunity to step up, but the draft and free agency offer alternate options.
Here, we will take a look at the players who could have a chance to fill Dumervil’s shoes starting in 2013.