- Matt Shoemaker Giving Angels Some Hope After Devastating Garrett Richards Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 3 Players Who Will Not Be Back in 2015
- Royals’ Bold Arrival on MLB Contender Scene Is Big Wrench in 2014 Races
- Pablo Sandoval Catching Fire at Just the Right Time for Giants’ Playoff Push
- David Ross Injury: Updates on Red Sox Catcher’s Foot and Return
- Loser of Athletics-Angels Division Race Will Face Postseason Death Sentence
- Stock Up, Stock Down for the Los Angeles Dodgers’ Top 10 Prospects for Week 17
- David Ortiz Crushes 3-Run Homer vs. Rays, Flips Bat Like an Absolute Boss
- Cameron Maybin Suspended 25 Games for Amphetamine Use
- Toronto Blue Jays Still in Playoff Race as Season Resumes Post-All-Star Break
MLB Player Comparisons for Top Marlins Prospect Jose Fernandez
- Updated: April 1, 2013
Sunday was a busy day for the Miami Marlins.
Seemingly out of nowhere, two of the team’s starting pitchers, Nathan Eovaldi and Henderson Alvarez, were both placed on the disabled list with respective shoulder injuries.
As a result of the roster moves, top prospect Jose Fernandez will now begin the 2013 season in the team’s starting rotation.
While many believed that the 20-year-old would reach the major leagues by the end of the year, nobody, and I mean nobody, expected the right-hander to arrive this early.
Despite having played only one full season in the minor leagues, and not a